Scott W. Sheen
Helping clients fight legal issues in Boone, Dekalb, Lee, Ogle, and Winnebago County
Scott W. Sheen, Attorney at law, graduated from Joliet Catholic High School, Marquette University in Milwaukee. He earned his Law Degree from Northern Illinois University. In 1993 he was licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Additionally, Mr. Sheen is a member of the DuPage, Kane, DeKalb, and Will County Bar Associates. He currently served on the DuPage Evaluation Committee and is an investigator with that committee. He is also a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, as well as the Federal Trial Bar and Federal Appellate Bar for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Sheen has tried numerous bench and jury trials, both civil and criminal, evidentiary hearings and arbitrations; wrote appeals and contested motions.
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND CURRENT LAW UPDATES
Mr. Sheen subscribes to West Law, an automatic legal library with unlimited usage, which is up to date to the minute for the Federal, 7th Circuit, & District Court cases, U.S. Supreme Court, Illinois Appellate and Supreme Court cases along with over 80 other databases which includes law journals, treatises and law review articles. He also subscribes to the Illinois Advanced Sheets, weekly case decision reports by Illinois State and Federal Court. The print subscriptions include Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. Mr. Sheen attends various seminars throughout the year through the Illinois State Bar Association and other nation and local bar associations. He also subscribes to many bar journals.
Mr. Sheen is married with 3 children, lives in St. Charles, Illinois and is active in coaching soccer and wrestling with his children. Mr. Sheen is a member of the St. Charles Celtics Soccer Club and plays on both of its premier teams.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury — Defense
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1993
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- Marquette University in Milwaukee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- Kane County Bar Association, Member
- DeKalb County Bar Association, Member
- Will County Bar Association, Member
- DuPage Evaluation Committee, Investigator
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Member of St. Charles Celtics Soccer Club